It is easy to understand why printed knit fabric is so popular now. They are frequently used to make sweaters, cardigans, hats, scarves, and other winter and fall clothing components, providing consumers with a whole experience. So, TeeNavi offers you some knitted fabric with prints that will cheer you up when you view them.
>>>> GET STARTED: 11 best quality types of print on T-shirt | Should not ignore
1. What is printed knit fabric?
Through manipulating yarn, you may make a textile or cloth by knitting. It is employed to make a variety of clothes even custom t-shirt printing. Knitting print fabric can be done manually or mechanically. There are two main categories of printed knit fabric that are utilized extensively nowadays, including warp knitting (vertical set of yarns) and weft knitting (horizontal set of yarns). Let’s learn some fascinating facts about them.
1.1. Warp knitted fabrics
With the growing aesthetic demand, more and more varieties of knitted textiles are born. The styles of the textiles vary, with the warp weave being one of the more prevalent types.
- Raschel: The fabric features a three-dimensional surface appearance and an openwork design.
- Tricot: Especially, the fabric is a blend of synthetic and natural fibres. It has lengthwise ribs on the right side and crosswise ribs on the wrong side. The tricot knit fabric is supple and easy to drape.
- Milanese knit: The fabric is created by knitting two sets of threads diagonally. It is soft, light, and run-resistant.
>>>> CLICK ON: 5 standard T-shirt print sizes, correct technique few people know
1.2. Weft printed knit fabric
Many people, including customers and fashion designers, adore weft printed knit fabric. This fabric contributes to creating a variety of clothing, providing users with really fascinating sensations.
- Jersey or plain stitch: It features two distinct sides with vertical ribs on the right one and horizontal ribs on the wrong side. The cloth has a rightward curvature. Due to its wide range of colours, patterns, and practical consumer qualities – including comfort, softness, and stretch – the jersey is the most popular form of print on knit fabric.
- Rib: On both sides, there are discernible vertical ribs. The fabric is smooth and has a nice crosswise stretch.
- Purl: The material has two faces and a two-way stretch(crosswise, lengthwise). Along the length of the cloth, columns of knit and purl stitches may be seen.
>>>> GET IT OUT: 6 indispensable T-shirt printing materials to create a quality tee
2. Characteristics of printed knit fabric
Due to advancements in digital custom printed knit fabric printing technology, both textile business owners and individuals who sew for personal use are increasingly choosing to use it. You may print your own unique designs or ready-made patterns from a catalogue using digital printing, even in small numbers. There are a few pros and cons of printing on knitted fabric jersey.
- Bring a comfortable feeling: Printed knit fabric are incredibly breathable and offer a silky touch. Knitted clothing allows the body to breathe in the summer and keeps you warm in the winter in contrast.
- Fabulous stretch: Knit clothing has four directions of stretchability. You can design form-fitting clothing that doesn’t restrict movement.
- Versatility: The key factor driving this fabric’s high demand is its versatility. So, manufacturers use a variety of knitting techniques to make undergarments, t-shirts, dresses, tunics, trousers, shirts, dress robes, and more. Knitted items may be light, airy, warm, and comfortable.
- Easy to take care: Knitwear is simple to maintain since it resists wrinkles, lasts a long time, and retains its form and colour for a long time.
- Prone to pilling: Dry washing is the finest method for maintaining a garment’s original look. The most resistant to pilling knit fabrics are those made with synthetic fibres since they are suitably thick and stretchy.
- Not easy to sew: Knitted fabrics have a ravelling edge, which makes it hard to work with seams.
4. Compare Knit vs. Woven
Besides printed knit fabric, woven fabric is also a popular fabric on the market. The comparison table below will help you better understand the difference between these two fabrics.
|Common types of the fabric||
|Characteristics of the fabric||
|How to identify the fabric?||
5. Ways to print on knit fabric
It is easy to find a t-shirt made of knitted fabric. This particular fabric is available in a wide range of colors. They are ideal for both everyday work wear and formal occasions. Printing on knitted fabrics has also become a trend for today’s young people. There are many types of printing on knitted fabric. Now, earn how to make a custom printed knit fabric easily here:
- Step 1: Before doing this, make sure that the fabric can withstand high temperatures. Simply put, run the fabric through your dryer. Also, pre-wash your fabric to prevent shrinkage and wash away any remaining dirt on the fabric. If these points are not treated, the printed image after production will be blurred.
- Step 2: Prepare the adhesive. As you know, spray adhesives have a hard time sticking to knitted clothes. Therefore, choose a web binder to make your printed knitted fabric more perfect.
- Step 3: Conduct a test print on another piece to check the effectiveness of the print before starting to print. This helps you to ensure that you will get the results you want for yourself.
>>>> DON’T MISS: 6 great sublimation printing T-shirt materials | Selective fabrics
6. Printed image sizes on a printed knit fabric t-shirt
Are you in need of new ideas to create impressive printed knitted fabrics? Let us assist you in producing the best goods. Whether you choose pre-made patterns or the ones you create yourself, we are sure to give you the best possible final result.
6.1. Design yourself on fabric
Many customers want to create their own special product samples by printing on knitted fabric. There are so many great ways that you can freely unleash your creativity and imagination. You can compose a design using vector graphics programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw or other programs such as Canva, Procreate or Photoshop or free tools for designing patterns available on the Internet if you lack of programs or adequate skills. After having a complete pattern design, customers can refer to some of the iterative printing methods below to attach the design to the shirt pattern.
- Standard repetition
- Shifted column
- Shifted row
- Basic reflection
- Full reflection
- No repetition
6.2. Print based on an existing template
Don’t worry if you lack the design skill or concepts for your product. We’ll assist you. In our collection, there are countless designs that people can refer to produce goods with striking appearances. Therefore, you may explore printed knit fabric sets with well-liked themes including flowers, stripes, bees, pineapples, maple leaves, and more.
It is no doubting the printed knit fabric definitely set the latest autumn and winter fashion trends aflutter. There are several stunning design concepts that will undoubtedly give you a stand-out appearance. TeeNavi has thus assisted you in learning about this unique cloth by selecting, stitching, and highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of the pattern. So, please contact us if you need find companies that print on fabric.
>>>> CONTINUE: How to screen printing T shirts | 5 easy steps with images
5+ Rules For The Print T-shirt High Quality Of 2023 | TeeNavi
When it comes to finding a print T-shirt high quality, you have a few different...
10 Different Types Of Print On T-shirt Most Common – Quality
There are many types of print on T-shirt that are available for you to choose...
Is Bamboo Fabric T-shirt Good? 13+ Main Pros And Cons
Bamboo is a popular fabric for t-shirts and more. Get to know the benefits of...
How To Screen Printing T Shirts At Home, At Factory | 9 Easy Steps
How to screen printing t shirts is a great way to print custom designs on...
Print Custom T-shirt Online | “Shock” Price – Nice Design – Quality
It is no exaggeration to say that a t-shirt is an item that never goes...
13 Different Types Of Cotton T-shirts | What Is the Best for T-Shirt
Cotton is a popular fabric for t-shirts. There are many different types of cotton t-shirts...