It is easy to understand why the printed knit fabric is so popular now. They are frequently used to make sweaters, cardigans, hats, scarves, and other winter and fall clothing components, providing consumers with a whole experience. So, TeeNavi offers you some knitted fabric with prints that will cheer you up when you view them.
>>>> GET STARTED: 11 best quality types of print on T-shirt | Should not ignore
1. Knitwear trends in recent years
Knit fabric is an elastic material that is created by looping yarns first, and then connecting them to form a textile structure. The typical weft and warp thread method used in other cloth forms is still present, though. Especially, knitwear has the advantage of being stretchable and custom t-shirt printing according to your preferences thanks to the loops, which may alter size and form. Silk, linen, cotton, wool, viscose, rayon, and other fibres are the primary raw ingredients for knit textiles. Therefore, to achieve the optimum balance of quality and durability, manufacturers incorporate a variety of synthetic materials.
Knitwear has a significant role to play in the clothing industry. A lightweight cardigan is one of the greatest items to layer because of how easy it is to wear. Clothing made of knit fabric has long been a staple of our daily life. So, we are going to show you the top 5 fashion trends in recent years.
- Colours: In addition to the traditional black, grey, beige, and brown, there are also vibrant colours (red, purple, and neon hues).
- Accessories: Knitted scarves and large shawls are indispensable accessories in the collection of autumn and winter outfits.
- Style: Loop stitch cardigans and jackets, faux fur, knitted dresses and skirts.
- Patterns: Ethnic prints, geometric patterns, and motifs are drawn from works of art.
>>>> CLICK ON: 5 standard T-shirt print sizes, correct technique few people know
2. What is printed knit fabric?
Through manipulating yarn, you may make a textile or cloth by knitting. It is employed to make a variety of clothes. Knitting can be done manually or mechanically. There are two main categories of printed knit fabric that are utilized extensively nowadays, including warp knitting (vertical set of yarns) and weft knitting (horizontal set of yarns). Let’s learn some fascinating facts about them.
2.1. Warp knitted fabrics
With the growing aesthetic demand, more and more varieties of knitted textiles are born. The styles of the textiles vary, with the warp weave being one of the more prevalent types.
- Raschel: The fabric features a three-dimensional surface appearance and an openwork design.
- Tricot: Especially, the fabric is a blend of synthetic and natural fibres. It has lengthwise ribs on the right side and crosswise ribs on the wrong side. The tricot knit fabric is supple and easy to drape.
- Milanese knit: The fabric is created by knitting two sets of threads diagonally. It is soft, light, and run-resistant.
2.2. Weft knitted fabrics
Many people, including customers and fashion designers, adore weft printed knit fabric. This fabric contributes to creating a variety of clothing, providing users with really fascinating sensations.
- Jersey or plain stitch: It features two distinct sides with vertical ribs on the right one and horizontal ribs on the wrong side. The cloth has a rightward curvature. Due to its wide range of colours, patterns, and practical consumer qualities – including comfort, softness, and stretch – the jersey is the most popular form of knit fabric.
- Rib: On both sides, there are discernible vertical ribs. The fabric is smooth and has a nice crosswise stretch.
- Purl: The material has two faces and a two-way stretch(crosswise, lengthwise). Along the length of the cloth, columns of knit and purl stitches may be seen.
>>>> GET IT OUT: 6 indispensable T-shirt printing materials to create a quality tee
3. Characteristics of printed jersey knit fabric
Due to advancements in digital custom printed knit fabric printing technology, both textile business owners and individuals who sew for personal use are increasingly choosing to use it. You may print your own unique designs or ready-made patterns from a catalogue using digital printing, even in small numbers. There are a few pros and cons of this special fabric.
- Bring a comfortable feeling: Knit materials are incredibly breathable and offer a silky touch. Knitted clothing allows the body to breathe in the summer and keeps you warm in the winter in contrast.
- Fabulous stretch: Knit clothing has four directions of stretchability. You can design form-fitting clothing that doesn’t restrict movement.
- Versatility: The key factor driving this fabric’s high demand is its versatility. So, manufacturers use a variety of knitting techniques to make undergarments, t-shirts, dresses, tunics, trousers, shirts, dress robes, and more. Knitted items may be light, airy, warm, and comfortable.
- Easy to take care: Knitwear is simple to maintain since it resists wrinkles, lasts a long time, and retains its form and colour for a long time.
3.2. Some cons
- Prone to pilling: Dry washing is the finest method for maintaining a garment’s original look. The most resistant to pilling knit fabrics are those made with synthetic fibres since they are suitably thick and stretchy.
- Not easy to sew: Knitted fabrics have a ravelling edge, which makes it hard to work with seams.
4. Ways to sew a knitted t-shirt
Because knitwear becomes increasingly popular, more and more individuals want to add a shirt made of this material to their collection. Many customers purchase available items from the shop, but some choose to have their own custom-made t-shirts designed to express their own tastes and sense of style. So, here are some simple tips to make a custom printed knit fabric.
- Needles: First of all, you will need a special needle. For instance, a Double or twin needle will be an ideal choice for sewing with knit fabrics. That’s because if you use a regular needle, it will make holes in your knit fabric.
- Use a walking Foot: Without this device, the sewing machine pulls only the bottom layer of fabric. That’s because the walking foot pulls the top layer of fabric with the bottom either.
- Cut on a surface: All of the textiles should be cut on a table or the floor.
- Zig-Zag Stitch: Because a zig-zag stitch expands with the fabric, as opposed to a straight thread, people should use it while sewing seams on knit clothing.
- Tissue Paper: To stop the fabric from stretching, use it to join the edges before sewing them together. When sewing two layers of knit fabric together, tissue paper is placed below the seam (or on top) and then taken out once the stitching is complete.
>>>> DON’T MISS: 6 great sublimation printing T-shirt materials | Selective fabrics
5. Printed image sizes on a knit fabric t-shirt
Are you in need of new ideas to create impressive knitted fabric items? Let us assist you in producing the best goods. Whether you choose pre-made patterns or the ones you create yourself, we are sure to give you the best possible final result.
5.1. Design yourself on fabric
Many customers want to create their own special product samples. There are so many great ways that you can freely unleash your creativity and imagination. You can compose a design using vector graphics programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw or other programs such as Canva, Procreate or Photoshop or free tools for designing patterns available on the Internet if you lack of programs or adequate skills. After having a complete pattern design, customers can refer to some of the iterative printing methods below to attach the design to the shirt pattern.
- Standard repetition
- Shifted column
- Shifted row
- Basic reflection
- Full reflection
- No repetition
5.2. Print based on an existing template
Don’t worry if you lack the design skill or concepts for your product. We’ll assist you. In our collection, there are countless designs that people can refer to produce goods with striking appearances. Therefore, you may explore pattern sets with well-liked themes including flowers, stripes, bees, pineapples, maple leaves, and more.
It is no doubting the printed knit fabric definitely set the latest autumn and winter fashion trends aflutter. There are several stunning design concepts that will undoubtedly give you a stand-out appearance. TeeNavi has thus assisted you in learning about this unique cloth by selecting, stitching, and highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of the pattern. So, please contact us if you need more detailed advice.
>>>> CONTINUE: How to screen printing T shirts | 5 easy steps with images