Halloween season is approaching but you still don’t know how to decorate your home for Halloween? Are you looking for ideas to make your house creepy and interesting? The following article will give you simple but no less unique Halloween decoration ideas. Let’s take a look with TeeNavi!
1. How to decorate your home for Halloween
Halloween is a great occasion to create a spooky and mysterious atmosphere in your home. Here are ideas to decorate your house for Halloween into a scary and fun place:
1.1. Abandoned house
An abandoned house is the first how to decorate your home for Halloween that you can refer to. To transform your home into a creepy abandoned house, follow these steps:
- Use fake cobwebs and spiders to decorate the windows.
- Apply broken glass stickers on the windows to create a shattered effect.
- Put some black or yellow light bulbs on the porch to make it darker.
- Hang the porch swing crookedly to make a mysterious and unsettling appearance.
- For a boarded-up effect, let’s prop scraps of wood across windows.
- For spooky arrangements, collect dead stems from your summer flowers if the first frost has destroyed them.
- Complete the ghostly ambiance by adding flickering electric candles in the windows.
>>>> LEARN MORE: When should you decorate for Halloween and how to decorate?
1.2. Decorate the front porch
If you are looking for how to decorate your home for Halloween with the front porch, you can try some of the following:
- Cast a creepy shape onto your front doorstep with a light projector.
- Replace the lightbulbs in your front porch lighting with orange or purple ones.
- Pumpkins and Jack-o-lanterns are a need on the front porch. To increase the spook aspect, include skeletons, witches, ghosts, and skulls in the arrangement.
- Using an invisible fishing line, suspend floating witch hats from the porch’s ceiling.
- You can decorate a porch column by sticking a swarm of plastic spiders onto it.
- Numerous shining flameless candles should be spread throughout the front porch.
>>>> CLICK HERE: 40 ideas how to carve a pumpkin for an unique Halloween
1.3. Display an expansive Pumpkin
Knowing how to carve a pumpkin is one thing, but creating more of an impression with pumpkin decorating ideas is another matter. However, with just a little time and effort, you will have great pumpkins for the Halloween season. You just need to choose a color palette that you love or that matches the color of your home. Then, proceed to draw and decorate the pumpkins to make them unique and impressive. You can paint the black to offset the orange of the pumpkins, then draw some with monster faces, spiders, and cheerful polka dots,… This is also one of the ideas to decorate your house for Halloween that you can choose.
1.4. Make some creepy spiders
Let’s make creepy spiders with your kids. For this decoration for your home on Halloween, you only need inexpensive craft materials and a simple bit of imagination.
>>>> DON’T MISS OUT: 12+ typical Halloween food that almost people loved
1.5. Harvest house – How to decorate your home for Halloween
With this answer for “how to decorate your home for Halloween“, you need to prepare:
- Straw bales
- Guirland Corn
1.6. Make a miniature Ghost town
Creating a miniature ghost town for Halloween can be a fun and creative project. Here’s the list of materials that how to decorate your home for Halloween needs:
- Cardboard box or wooden base
- Small cardboard houses or buildings
- Acrylic or craft paints (black, gray, brown)
- Modeling clay or faux moss
- Miniature Halloween decorations (pumpkins, bats, skeletons)
- Battery-operated tea lights or fairy lights are fine
- Small rocks or stones
- Craft knife or scissors
1.7. Decorations with lanterns
You can decorate your porch to make it stand out with foliage, wreaths, wreaths, pumpkins, and more. However, your decoration will be even more complete when combining lanterns with a variety of beautiful designs. They will illuminate your steps and make your entryway feel cozy during the Halloween season. This is how to decorate your home for Halloween that you should apply.
1.8. Design chic gothic seating
Decorate your house for Halloween by designing chic gothic seating. Here are some suggestions:
- You should use dark colors such as black, dark purple, burgundy, or even dark teal. Because these colors will create a mysterious and gothic atmosphere.
- Look for types of furniture like a tufted velvet sofa or armchair in black or deep red. In particular, choose curved or wingback designs as they give a luxurious and gothic vibe.
- Decorate the seating with gothic-inspired details, such as vintage candle holders, antique-style mirrors, and ornate picture frames.
- To add more elegance and drama, let’s arrange black lace or velvet curtains.
- Use lamps with dim lighting to enhance the gothic ambiance.
- You can add decorations with a skull-shaped table or a bookshelf filled with old books on Gothic literature or ghost stories.
1.9. Chisel some massive tombstones
If you prefer tricking to treating, incorporate these scary decorations into your lawn:
Another how to decorate your home for Halloween is to put old furniture, clothing, and dolls together to create a scary scene. Or you can decorate pieces of wood and cardboard to resemble a tombstone. To intensify the fright, you can use a smoke machine and eerie sound effects.
1.10. Create a cute Halloween scarecrow
Instead of carving pumpkins, want to look for another how to decorate your home for Halloween? You can create a scarecrow with a cute and fun Halloween theme. You can use a pumpkin as a scarecrow’s head. Then, choose clothes and hats with a scary Halloween theme for it.
1.11. Hang a Halloween garland
Garlands for Halloween come in a variety of designs, sizes, and forms. From homemade paper garlands to simple designs filled with lovely flowers and fall leaves. There are many options to suit all spaces and easily switch up your home decor for the Halloween season. These are also interesting ideas to decorate your house for Halloween.
1.12. Decorate with flowers and foliage
Decorating Halloween with flowers and foliage will make your home blend into the festive atmosphere but no less elegant. You can make your own Halloween wreath from fresh flowers and leaves. Designing a pumpkin planter with bold Halloween colors is also an exciting way that how to decorate your home for Halloween.
1.13. Transform Pumpkins into black cats
Transforming pumpkins into black cats is also a way in the list of “how to decorate your home for Halloween” that we want to introduce to you. Proceed as follows:
- First, you need to prepare 2 pumpkins, one large and one small.
- For a small pumpkin, cut off the top of it and clean out all the seeds and guts.
- Draw two almond-shaped eyes on paper the size to fit the small pumpkin. Then you glue or staple them to the front of the pumpkin. Use a knife to cut out the eyes based on the paper eyes you glued on.
- Use black paint and spray it on both pumpkins. After finishing, let them thoroughly dry.
- To make the black cat’s ears, use black felt or craft foam and cut them into triangles. Each ear will have two layers, you stick a toothpick between them.
- Next, you poke the two ears you made into the top of the small pumpkin.
- Finally, attach the two pumpkins using a sturdy wooden skewer. So you have completed a black cat from Pumpkins.
1.14. Decorate balloons
Balloon decoration is also one of the ways to decorate your house for Halloween. You just need to stock up on balls of different colors and some markers. Some quick and fun balloon decoration ideas include:
- Use white balloons and draw a spooky face with a black marker on them. Then, you can hang these balls on the ceiling, door, or pillar.
- Blow up red balloons, glue horns, and devil ears cut from black paper to both sides of the top of the balloon.
- Glue the stars and moon shapes cut from black paper onto the purple balloons.
2. Tips for how to decorate your home for Halloween
Here are some tips for you when decorating a Halloween home:
2.1. Think about your color scheme
The first thing in tips for how to decorate your home for Halloween is to pay attention to your color scheme. You should use colors like black and orange. These are popular tones during the Halloween season, they symbolize darkness and pumpkins.
In addition, if you choose to decorate your home in gothic style, purple and dark black are the two ideal tones. However, other colors can be used in Halloween decorations such as purple, green, and white. These are the colors that create a spooky and mystical feeling for your home.
2.2. Avoid plastic decor
When it comes to tips for how to decorate your home for Halloween, limiting or avoiding plastic decorations is essential. Most plastic decorations are not biodegradable and contribute to the growing problem of plastic pollution. In addition, they often contain toxic chemicals that cause various health problems.
You can choose natural decorations, handmade items, or decorative items made of fabric, wood, etc. Moreover, you can decorate your home with antique items. Not only is this a popular decorating style, but it is also sustainable.
2.3. Create a spooky yet luxurious with real candles
Candles are one of the decorations that can add a mysterious look to your home during Halloween. You can use real candles instead of Halloween toys with flashing lights. Candles help light up your home in a subtle way. With the combination of soft candlelight and darkness, they will create a gloomy atmosphere suitable for Halloween. This is also a tip you need to pay attention to when decorate your house for Halloween.
2.4. The right time to decorate for Halloween
The first two weeks of October are ideal for Halloween decorations. However, based on personal preference and regional traditions, the specific timing may change. Some people start decorating as early as mid-September, but some people start decorating when Halloween is close to Halloween.
Ultimately, the right time depends on your excitement for the Halloween holiday. Decide when to start decorating your house quickly, another Halloween season is coming. This is also the last tip for how to decorate your home for Halloween that we want to send to you.
The above article includes ideas and tips for how to decorate your home for Halloween that you can refer to. Hope this article can help you in decorating your house. If you need any questions answered, please contact TeeNavi immediately!
>>>> RELATED TOPIC: 30+ good lists of Halloween movies for family to watch