Have you ever wondered about the T-shirt print sizes when you need to design or choose to buy a T-shirt? You’ve come to the right place! This tutorial will walk you through the process for all different sizes of T-shirts. TeeNavi‘ll go over how to size your design for different T-shirt print sizes in detail.
>>>> GET STARTED: 11 best quality types of print on T-shirt | Should not ignore
1. T-shirt print sizes for each object
First, depending on each object, you will have different sizes for each type of T-shirt. Adults will have different t-shirt design sizes, for young people will have different t-shirt design sizes.
For adult custom t-shirt printing, ideally, 5-8 inches of blank space on either side of a design is required to make it look right. The following are T-shirt print sizes about the width we’ve devised that work best for T-shirts:
- Small: The design width should be no more than 9.5 – 10.5 inches.
- Medium: The design width should be no more than 10 – 11 inches.
- Large: The design width should be no more than 10.5 – 11.5 inches.
- X-Large: Maximum design width of 11 – 12 inches.
- 2X-Large: The design width must be between 12.5 and 13.5 inches.
- 3X-Large: Maximum design width of 13 – 14 inches
- 4X-Large: The design width must be between 13.5 and 14.5 inches.
>>>> CLICK ON: 4 best print T-shirt high quality methods custom in 2022
For teenagers, the T-shirt print sizes are also much different than for adults. Specifically, the standard sizes of T-shirts for young people are as follows:
- Extra small: Maximum design width of 8.5 – 9.5 inches.
- Small: The design width should be no more than 9 – 10 inches.
- Medium: Maximum design width of 9.5 – 10.5 inches.
- Large: The design width should not exceed 10 – 10.5 inches.
- X-large: Maximum design width of 10 – 11 inches.
No two T-shirts are exactly the same size. The true measured values of each individual tee can vary depending on the brand, color, and size. Always quantify your shirts to ensure that the design sizes you’ve previously used are still accurate. To avoid material waste, cut a scrap piece of paper to the shape of your design and use it as a test before cutting out your tee.
Please keep in mind that T-shirt length is not standard and varies greatly between brands. Because the variance in layout length size is exponential, I did not include a length sizing guide in this tutorial. Before you cut, my rule of thumb is to measure.
2. Printed image sizes on a T-shirt
In addition to the size of each type of printed T-shirt, the size of the image printed on the T-shirt is also an important thing you need to pay attention to. Here is the necessary information about the image printed on the T-shirt for you:
2.1 Depending on each subject’s T-shirt
Now comes the exciting part: printing your personalized T-shirts. The question is, how large or small should the design or text be printed? Make use of this guide to get started!
- Adult men’s image size: 11″ to 12.5″
- Adult women’s image size: 9″ to 11″
- Youth image size: 9″ to 10.5″
2.2 Oversized screen printing
You can print 17″ wide and up to 21″ tall on oversized T-shirts. To accommodate the larger print area, you should use larger screens and pallets. We can print off the bottom of the T-shirt and partially over the sleeve seam with oversize screen prints.
>>>> JOIN US: 6 great sublimation printing T-shirt materials | Selective fabrics
2.3 Jumbo printing size
If an oversized screen print is insufficient, it may be time to think about a jumbo T-shirt screen print. You can cover nearly the entire T-shirt with ink using jumbo screen printing. You can print from the top of the T-shirt and off the bottom seam while printing over part of the sleeve seam.
2.4 Stand print size
The standard size for T-shirt screen printing is 14″ wide by 17″ tall. This is the standard industry print size for the majority of apparel. There is no additional charge for our standard print size.
3. How to measure a T-shirt for front or back printing
To sew a T-shirt in precision you need to have the size of the standard T-shirts all the before and after default. Please refer to the sizing information of each part of the T-shirt below for more detailed information.
How to Measure a T-shirt for pocket printing:
- Measure the vertical reference line – Begin at the point where the collar meets the shoulder and work your way down to the bottom of the arm hole with a tape measure.
- Keep something in that location to mark your location.
- Measure the lateral reference line – Measure the thickness of one finger from the bottom of the arm hole to your marker.
- In this section, print your design.
Custom printing is also popular with babies. On the front of a onesie, you can print a fun design. The size of your image is determined solely by the size of the garment.
- 0-3 months: 3″ x 3″ image size
- 3-6 months: Image dimensions: 4″ x 4″
- 6 to 9 months: Image size: 5″ x 5″
- 12 months: Image size: 6” x 6”
- Image size: 7″ x 7″ – Age: 18 months
- Image size: 8″ x 8″ – Age: 24 months
3.3 Long sleeve
The ideal T-shirt print sizes for a long sleeve T-shirt graphic is between 2.5″ x 14″ and 3.5″ x 15″. Start the design with a finger down from the shoulder, making sure it doesn’t end up hitting the wrist area.
3.4 Short sleeve
Sizes printed on short sleeve T-shirts:
- Adult image size: 4″ x 3″
- Youth image size: 3″ x 2″
As much as possible, try to center graphics on the sleeve of custom T-shirts. Make sure that the T-shirt printing does not cover the entire sleeve and that there is some color showing through on the sides, bottom, and top.
>>>> GET IT OUT: 6 indispensable T-shirt printing materials to create a quality tee
4. Information needed to send to print service provider
If you do not sew the T-shirt yourself but send the information to the custom T-shirt sewing suppliers to sew, you need to send them full information about your shirt. The required information to send to a T-shirt printing unit is as follows:
4.1 Image resolution
Image resolution is just as important as image size. Furthermore, the type of image you have may influence the resolution, and you can select between vector images and non-vector.
- Non-vector images: Maintaining a picture quality of 300 DPI is ideal because it is widely accepted by print providers.
- Vector images: Because they do not use DPI, vector images can be increased and decreased in size as much as you want. Some printing companies, however, require files saved as JPEGs or PNGs, which do not support vector elements. When saving vector files in this case, make sure they are the correct size and resolution.
Prior to actually sending a file to your print provider, you should also consider the placement of your design image.
There are various common placement places on the T-shirt, which are as follows:
- Left chest: The design can be started printing on the left chest area, which really is typically 3″ to 4″ wide times your desired height. It is appropriate for formal and corporate settings.
- Front chest: The front chest is another popular placement option, which can be 6″ to 10″ wide times your favored height. It is appropriate both for casual and business settings.
- Full front: With a standard size of 12″x16″, the full front option works best for more casual designs, normally for personal expression.
- Back collar: This is a much less common option that is quite small, measuring about 2″ to 3″ in width times your preferred height. It is usually done solely for marketing purposes.
- Upper back: This placement is appropriate for both casual and corporate settings, and it is frequently used to identify staff or volunteers. It is typically 10″ to 12″ wide multiplied by the height of your choice.
- Vertical left or right: Ideal for team wear and branding, it typically measures 14″ to 16″ high times your preferred width.
- Full-back: The full-back location is best suited for casual wear, but it can also be used for business. It is typically 12″x16″ in size.
4.3 Generate a mockup
Before you begin printing, always create a mockup of your design as it will appear on the T-shirt. This is due to the fact that sizes can show up quite differently when worn as opposed to a 2D design file.
When you upload your design, you will need a print provider who will provide you with an accurate and real-time mockup of the T-shirt.
5. Prestigious custom printed T-shirt supplier today
If you are looking to own a printed T-shirt with a suitable size, customized for yourself, then TeeNavi is the unit you should think of first. At TeeNavi, you can choose from a variety of printed T-shirt designs available in a variety of styles, materials, and colors. Besides, if you want to make a personal impression, and want to design your T-shirts with unique designs, and sizes just for you, we are also very happy. You just need to send us your draft design and desired size information through the following 2 forms:
- Email us at: [email protected] To get the best assistance from us, you can also fill out the form at https://teenavi.com/contact-us/.
- Connect with us at: https://teenavi.com/product/design-your-own-customized-personalized-T-shirt-hoodie-sweatshirt-mug/
TeeNavi takes pride in providing high-quality activewear at reasonable prices. But it is our commitment to providing excellent customer service that truly distinguishes us. Because online shopping can be difficult, we offer free return and refund policies to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase. We also offer products in a variety of sizes, styles, and quality to help you find the perfect fit. Furthermore, if you have any questions or concerns, our customer service representatives are always happy to help.
Above is all information about T-shirt print sizes that many people are interested in. TeeNavi hopes that with the useful information we provide, you can design or choose for yourself the most suitable printed T-shirts. Read more useful and interesting articles by TeeNavi around the topic of T-shirts right now.
>>>> CONTINUE: The trend of printed knit fabric stirs up 2022 | Pros & cons